博航智能圈

标题: How to Run Ubuntu 10.04 on your PandaBoard(1) [打印本页]

作者: kztop1    时间: 2011-9-6 13:03:45     标题: How to Run Ubuntu 10.04 on your PandaBoard(1)

There are few locations on the Internet very useful in helping us getting the information we need to run Ubuntu on PandaBoard. However, it took me quite a while to read all that and find the correct and exact steps I need to take to have a stable and working Ubuntu system at the end. So, I decided to have this knol specific to PandaBoard to help me and others in doing the same.

Contents

Items you will need:

What Options do we Have?

Using the Pre-Installed OMAP4 Images

I will have to go in more details later, but for now, follow this link it will send you to OMAP Images from Ubuntu.com
then you need to go and get the OMAP4 Addons

To Run the Demo Release follow these steps:Find and download the correct Ubuntu image Maverick 10.10

Install the image to your SD Flash
Run your new Ubuntu system and enable Ethernet connection

Once you insert the SD card into the PandaBoard you should be able to power it and see Ubuntu start.  First thing we will need to enable the network after you login.  Again, the user ID: ubuntu and Password: temppwd
type the following to test available Ethernet Devices
sudo ifconfig -a
This command will show you a list of devices eth0, usb0, or usb1
On my PandaBoard it is usb1
sudo dhclient usb1

Change the default password to default user "ubuntu"
Add new user and set the password, then add the user to sudo group
Install GUI xfce4 :-) more fun with PandaBoard :-)

At some point you will need to run a GUI on your PandaBoard.  There are few desktops you can install, but, the one I tested successfully is xfce4 desktop, very nice and runs smooth on the PandaBoard.  Here is how to install it:

欢迎光临 博航智能圈 (http://www.broadon.net/club/) Powered by Discuz! X2